Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Service
MTM is a collaborative effort between you, your pharmacist and other healthcare professionals to promote the safe and effective use of medications. It is designed to help you achieve the targeted outcomes from a prescription regimen. MTM includes a range of services designed to help you:
- Know more about getting the greatest benefit from your medications
- Reduce risk by learning how to avoid harmful side effects
- Save money by finding lower-cost alternatives to prescribed medications
During your private consultation, our Pittsboro Pharmacy team member will review your medications and provide detailed advice regarding each of them. Throughout your treatment, our specially trained pharmacist(s) will work closely with you and help you get the most benefits from your therapy.
Who Benefits from MTM?
- Patient who has experienced a transition of care, and his or her regimen has changed
- Patient who is receiving care from more than one prescriber
- Patient who is taking one or more chronic medications (including prescription and nonprescription medications, herbal products, and other dietary supplements)
- Patient who has at least one chronic disease or chronic health condition (e.g., heart failure, diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, asthma, osteoporosis, depression, osteoarthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Patient who has laboratory values outside the normal range that could be caused by or may be improved with medication therapy
- Patient who has demonstrated nonadherence (including underuse and overuse) to a medication regimen
- Patient who has recently experienced an adverse event (medication or non–medication-related) while receiving care
- Patient who is taking high-risk medication(s), (e.g., warfarin, phenytoin, methotrexate)